Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Lord of the Flies

I never read this book in high school, and good thing I didn’t. Honestly I did not like this book.  I thought it was really weird, which isn’t a problem but I just wasn’t really into it as much as I thought I would be. While reading it the whole time I was just thinking why don’t they listen to Piggy, he is clearly the smart one to actually help them survive there. That got me mad because throughout the whole book if they just listened to Piggy they would’ve been better off instead of Ralph and Jack. Yes, they both also had some good ideas but Ralph and Jack just clashed way too much.  When it came to the part in the book when they picked a chief, and were doing all the rules and stuff I was surprised that kids would do that. Yes Ralph was reasonable for chief, so was Piggy. As the book kept going on , I would roll my eyes a lot, this book to me was kind of dumb and like a cheesy horror movie. There is a so called beast on the island, and so many different stories from where the beast actually comes from, yet no one except Simon noticed the beast was there fears. To me it was given as a hint, the beast if there fears. When Ralph says that it’s from the little boys dream in the beginning of the book. At the end of the book I was super mad because they fought, Simon and Piggy were both killed. The smartest person on the island was killed. They needed him! Ralph realized that. Ralph and Jack were fighting, over stupid reasons, and for nothing. Because at the end they were found by the smoke, which Ralph and Piggy were trying to keep going. Jack is dumb for thinking the food was the most important thing. I wouldn’t read this book again. It was a well written book but I wasn’t into it at all. This wasn’t the right book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment