Wednesday, September 7, 2016

This article really reminded me of the ideas conveyed in the movie Dead Poets Society. The character that Robin Williams portrays (sadly, I can not recall his name) tries to convey these ideas to his young students; life is not simply about studying solely for monetary purposes. Life is is about the expansion of the mind and exploration of the unknown. To be honest, when I first heard the term "liberal arts" I was slightly disappointed (I am a conservative at heart). Thankfully, however, this version of the word comes with a nonpolitical connotation. I don't despise the liberals. I just don't understand the Robin Hood concept. Luckily, after reading this article, I am enlightened to see that this is a practice of development and improvement of how we think and act as a society.

No comments:

Post a Comment